Hi, bluegaspode and all,

I purchased and installed the Squeeze Player Android app onto my
Toshiba Thrive tablet today, and it worked but unfortunately not
without unacceptable trouble. Every 2 minutes or so into playing a
track an error message would pop up saying "connection reset by local
host" and the player would give up the track and jump to the next track
in the album and start playing it by itself. Then in another 2 minutes
or so it would simply repeat the problem, and so on until it reaches
the last track of the album where there is no next track to jump to.
Apparently the result is rather disappointing, as it only works like a
sequential sample player.

My basic system is a Squeezebox Duet served by Logitech Media Server
7.7.1 on a QNAP TS-219P+ NAS over a family WIFI LAN. The NAS is
hardwired to the router. The music library resides in the NAS and
contains 16-bit/44.1KHz FLAC albums only. The system has been stable
like a rock in terms of uninterrupted music streaming.

I tried everything I can think of with no access, including rebooting
all network devices, shutting down all other wireless devices, moving
the tablet as close to the router as within 1 meter, uninstalling then
re-installing the Squeeze Player app, uninstalling then re-installing
the Logitech Squeezebox controller app, switching to another
server/library running on a PC. The problem simply persisted in the
same way.

I searched the forum with "connection rest" and nothing has returned. I
wonder I'm probably the only one that has come across the problem? What
more can I do to test/troubleshoot? Any input would be highly
appreciated.

--
canatto