bluegaspode;682470 Wrote:
> I think your wireless network maybe is not up to streaming FLAC.
> Unfortunately I cannot tell you if the Toshiba is to blame or the
> router (or your neighbours using WiFi on the same channel as you)
>
> As a test: can you turn one album into mp3 and see if SqueezePlayer
> behaves much better?
>
> This at least would give us an indication and then one could try to
> optimize the situation:
> - trying another wifi router (maybe someone can lend you one) ?
> - trying with another android device (some of your friends might have a
> tablet or phone?)
> - trying if the QNAP support transcoding - so that all your FLACs would
> be send as mp3 all the time to SqueezePlayer (and still as FLAC via the
> wired connection).
>
> I'm also happy to refund your purchase if we cannot make it work in
> your environment (contact me under supp...@squeezeplayer.com with your
> order number) as I cannot resolve network problems in the App itself.

Thanks for your quick response, bluegaspode!

I think I have gone through all that you suggested to troubleshoot,
except testing with another android device as the Toshiba tablet is the
only android I have in hand. I'll certainly try with a different one
later when I have a chance.

Though understanding I could be wrong, I believe my wifi router is much
more than capable of streaming flac or any format music around the house
in terms of its performance as well as the condition of RF interference
I might have been experiencing in my neighborhood. My Squeezebox Duet
has been on wifi for years and worked perfectly. This router wireless
streams Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall programs in 720P HD
format on a daily basis to a Sony blu-ray player about 10 meters away
in another room without any problems. It streams the same programs to
the Toshiba tablet in the same quality as well.

I did test with the MP3 albums from both the squeezebox server on QNAP
NAS and the one on a PC, and the result was the same.

At this time I came to suspect the Toshiba tablet may not be a good
platform for the SqueezePlayer.

I looked into the server log, and it seems that for many dis-connection
problems that happened there is a record in the log that reads:

[12-01-08 11:48:33.4735] Slim::Utils::Timers::__ANON__ (273) Error:
Timer Slim::Web::Cometd::sendResponse failed: illegal file descriptor
or filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value):
at
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm
line 150.

I wonder if that makes any sense or hint where the trouble could be
lying?

--
canatto