- Playlist management
- Syncing Players Variation A
- Syncing Players Variation B
- MySqueezebox.com Integration
- TrackStat Ratings
- Caching of Album + Artist Lists
- Album Art Only Screen
- Better Search
- Something else - Please do the poll with different options !

Jeff Flowerday;696312 Wrote:
> I rescan almost daily.

To understand your needs better:
If you rescan daily - then the very first thing each day that iPeng
will do is to start caching the contents in the background. But isn't
the first thing you do each day entering the menus anyway so that you'd
have to wait for iPengs caching to be finished as well?
So that in the end we are talking about 2-3 seconds that iPengs caching
would have finished earlier?

Or what do you do as the first thing when you start iPeng the first
time each day? Not browsing the albums or artist, so that background
caching gives some advantage in the majority of your usage patterns?

Are we only talking about caching the full album / artist list - or do
you also have performance problems when drilling down into an album? If
so - what type of server are you running, how big is your library and
what server version is used?

> The other thing I notice is the art in the lists in the left is really
> fuzzy and bad in comparison to iPengHD.  Looks especially bad on the
> new Retina display.

I got reports of that already, but my new iPad will only arrive on
Monday (if I catch the postman).
As a developer unfortunately you don't have much means to test before
anyone else gets his iPad (and we are lucky these times, as Germany
gets the iPad at the same time as the US. For iPad2 we had a delay of
at least a month I think).

I did already fix the font stuff by the way (could be confirmed by two
beta testers who also have their iPad already in their hand) and
uploaded a new version to Apple at 2a.m this morning. Should improve
the general appearance very much. Don't know how long they take for
reviewing these days though.
For improving icons I need to see the Retina display myself - so my
plan is to provide a version with better icons + album art in about two
weeks (though I cannot guarantee it - we are moving right now)

> Sorry, I don't want to come across as a hater.  I would run yours daily
> if these 2 issues for me were addressed.  iPengHD has it's issues as
> well, and I prefer your simple layout with current playing big art
> showing all the time.

hehe - some incentive to work on it. I love every new user that
switches from iPeng to SqueezePad ;)

--
bluegaspode

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)