- Playlist management
- Syncing Players Variation A
- Syncing Players Variation B
- MySqueezebox.com Integration
- TrackStat Ratings
- Caching of Album + Artist Lists
- Album Art Only Screen
- Better Search
- Something else - Please do the poll with different options !

bluegaspode;696353 Wrote:
> To understand your needs better:
> If you rescan daily - then the very first thing each day that iPeng
> will do is to start caching the contents in the background. But isn't
> the first thing you do each day entering the menus anyway so that you'd
> have to wait for iPengs caching to be finished as well?
> So that in the end we are talking about 2-3 seconds that iPengs caching
> would have finished earlier?
>
> Or what do you do as the first thing when you start iPeng the first
> time each day? Not browsing the albums or artist, so that background
> caching gives some advantage in the majority of your usage patterns?
>
> Are we only talking about caching the full album / artist list - or do
> you also have performance problems when drilling down into an album? If
> so - what type of server are you running, how big is your library and
> what server version is used?

My Server is a quad core i7 with 8GB of Ram, 7200 RPM OS drive, Raid 0
Music drive.  My library is 110,000 tracks or so, 8500 artists.  Some
artist may have 40+ albums under them.

Because of the initial cache, iPeng will bring up an artist and the
albums under the artist right away and then slowly shows the art.  I've
already started scrolling and most times the art has shown up by the
time I get to the album I'm looking for.

If I have awesome wireless strength your progress bar and caching
happens pretty much instantaneous.  But if I'm in certain parts of the
house there is a delay bringing up album lists while it caches.

It would certainly be nice to have an option to precache all artists
and albums.  After a rescan in iPeng, I quickly go into the artists let
the cache happen and the same for all albums.  It's part of my ritual,
but it gives me the best performance for the rest of my session and or
until my next rescan.

--
Jeff Flowerday