bpa wrote:
> If you sync with a number of player incl. a software player such as
> Squeezeplay - then the stream has to be converted to a format which the
> least capable player can play.  WMA is not a native format for
> Squeezeplay.
>
> If the BBC stream was WMA and you tried playing on a Squeezeplay
> software player - then it will not play unless you have some sort WMA
> transcoding support on the ReadyNAS and IIRC there is no transcoding
> support on ReadyNAS.

Thanks. Hmm, I guess from that we can deduce that for what ever reason,
the BBC Radio London has stopped or converted from what ever stream it
had to WMA only now. Which would explain why all the other BBC Radio
streams worked and this one didn't.

It's interesting that the Squeezeplay can't handle WMA, since its the
only player running on a native Windows platform. I assume by
extrapolation that if I can find a stream that will work on the
Squeezeplay that I can then resync them all and it will work. Hopefully
BBC London is in some error kinda of situation and will eventually
restart.

Finally, is there a way I can test or establish what streams are
available for any given site/station? Are they listed anywhere? IS there
a discovery tool?