cathcam wrote:
> Thanks. Hmm, I guess from that we can deduce that for what ever reason,
> the BBC Radio London has stopped or converted from what ever stream it
> had to WMA only now
Don't think there has been any change.  I'm outside the UK so cannot
confirm anything but AFAIK BBC local radio isonly available in WMA
whereas national (and possibly regional) are available in other formats
such as AAC.

> It's interesting that the Squeezeplay can't handle WMA, since its the
> only player running on a native Windows platform.
Software Squeezeplay has no WMA codec - Squeezeplay in Radio and Touch
have a licensed WMA codec for embedded hardware.   What Squeezeplay
plays natively is independent of the OS which it is running. As
delivered by Logitech,  WMA stream can be transcoded by LMS if LMS is
running on Windows as MS provided libraries are available.  For other
platforms a 3rd party method to provide transcoding WMA can be installed
by using mplayer - but this is typically on Linux and OSX platfroms.

> I assume by extrapolation that if I can find a stream that will work on
> the Squeezeplay that I can then resync them all and it will work.
No.  Squeezeplay can play MP3 and Flac ( and possibly ogg/vorbis)
natively.  LMS on ReadyNAS can transcode AAC streams and I think Triodes
plugin can also hanlde Flash/AAC.  If you sync all players then you must
choose a stream that can be played (either natively or transcoded by
LMS) on Squeezplay as it is the least capable.  If you want to play WMA
streams - don't sync with Squeezeplay or move LMS to a Windows platform.

> Finally, is there a way I can test or establish what streams are
> available for any given site/station? Are they listed anywhere? IS there
> a discovery tool?
No but there is no need. BBC Local Radio is WMA only, BBC National has
all formats.