vw195 wrote:
> The biggest factor for Squeezeboxen for me is that they are dedicated
> devices with good sound quality.
>
> For me its a bit of a pain to turn on bt, pair, switch to music app etc.
> Its much more simpler just to hit play on the device or unplug my radio
> and drag it all over the house.
>
> And I love my boom in the kitchen.
>
> I wont buy anymore without a sign that logitech is going to support the
> line though

I agree.

Whether a squeezebox or a BT speaker system appeals to you depends on
what your PRIMARY music source is.  If you are a high school or college
kid, it's likely nowadays that your primary music source is some
protable device like an iPod, andriod phone, tablet, etc.  For those
people, the BT speaker system would best suit their needs.  For the rest
of us, the squeezebox is the best fit.

I've actually started using BT Audio (A2DP) in my car (2012 Volvo S60)
with my Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2.  I was VERY surprised by the audio
quality.  My ears can't tell the difference between this setup and my
old 80 GB iPod hard wired into the iPod interface.  Both devices have
mp3 made with LAME at default settings (~190kbps I think?).  So even
though there is reencoding of a lossy source going on, it still sounds
really good...in a car environment at least.  Now when I had the trial
Sirius/XM subscription, that was horrible!!!  To my ears, it wasn't too
much better than AM radio.  So the audio system in the car can be
revealing.

It may be that I'm just lucky that the Samsung/Volvo combo results in a
high bit rate transcode.