Here's a favorable review of the Logitech bluetooth boombox that
compares Airplay and bluetooth quality:

"Despite the recent attention AirPlay speakers have received, this
speaker demonstrates precisely why Bluetooth options will continue to be
viable for the foreseeable future"

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/logitech-wireless-boombox-for-ipad-iphone-ipod-touch/

As far as I know, bluetooth is just another digital form of
transmission, a series of 1's and 0's.  That being the case, the quality
of the audio is not determined by the bluetooth format, but rather by
the quality of the digital to analog converter in the product.  Logitech
has put in high quality converters, as far as my ears can tell.