Mnyb wrote:
> The masses don't care much for soundquality so other practicallities
> always trumps soundquality in such devices

That is the key statement for most music delivery systems. Most people
just want to hear music, much like the old days of listening to a
transistor radio. The majority of people on this forum want high quality
audio delivery, but we are a small percentage of the heaving masses.
Personally I'm a pragmatist. I want high quality for my HiFi and I'll
accept lesser quality for my portable units. You are also spot on
regarding usability. That is why people like Airplay because it just
works. That is why people bought 3 in 1 music systems of years gone by.
That is why Squeezebox has not been accepted universally because it is a
bit too complicated for the average listener.

erland wrote:
> Finally, I think it's too early to give up on Logitech and the
> Squeezebox product family, but I don't want to go into more details in a
> public forum at this time.
> Let's just say that there might be more things going on than what's
> visible in this public community forum.

A ray of light perhaps? You have piqued my interest.