Sending music to a synced player from JRiver Media Center via WhiteBear
is broken in the current release version of WhiteBear, but AndrewFG has
fixed it. LMS or iPeng or something else on the Squeezebox side must
first sync the players.

There are several ways to control JRMC and sending music to Squeezeboxes
via WhiteBear using a web interface or an app on portable devices.
JRemote for iThings is a nice app, although not as nice as iPeng yet.
But one big advantage with the JRMC apps is that you can use JRMC to
build your own interface that will be used by the apps.

I have a rather large collection and the performance issues I have with
LMS are getting worse and worse as the collection grows. It has now come
to a point where I seriously investigate the possibility of pointing LMS
to an empty folder and using JRMC via WhiteBear to send music to the
Squeezeboxes. The kind AndrewFG is working very hard to accommodate me
in every which way and I feel we are soon there. JRMC is very good for
large collections and should you hit a limit of some kind you just tell
the developers and they fix it, overnight sometimes. This - having a
very active and responsive direct contact with the actual developers of
a commercial product - is something that reminds me of how it was around
here before Slimdevices was sold to Logitech.