I do understand the sentiment behind the thread, the initial loss of
(genius) Sean Adams from the team and then Logitech's failure to rival
the Apple TV may have dampened the enthusiasm for new players to be
produced. However, I have always felt that one of the greatest strengths
behind the brand has been this forum and its ingenious software
developers who have kept improving the overall package with countless
plug ins and apps for many years. Also Squeezepad, iPeng - I salute
you!

The Transporter was years ahead of its time but with the emergence of
cheaper storage, higher file higher resolutions and the introduction of
asynchronous UBS as the preferred digital interface for audiophiles then
it's time for something new to head the family. This may arrive from the
various Vortexbox powered appliances or other PC software driven
derivatives.

I have tried owning alternatives but I keep coming back to LMS. At
present there's a Transporter, a Touch, 5 Booms and a new "audiophile"
SOTM inspired server in the house where as the Sooloos, the Naim and the
Bang & Olfsen have all been and gone.

I'm sure if Logitech did pull the plug then they'd sell the
"SlimDevices" package on to a new owner for it to be reborn yet again -
and with today's methods of raising funding online it wouldn't be too
bizzarre to see the marque owned by the forum members themselves!

Thanks guys -- love it!!!