I just wish someone at SlimDevices had had the foresight to insist that
the firmware for the SB line would automatically revert to open source
if Logitech ever abandoned development of the products.  In that regard,
Sean and Co. didn't do us any favors when they cut their deal.  I know
this is just wishful thinking on my part and that it would have been
impossible to attract a buyer with such a clause.  I imagine it's also
wishful thinking to hope that the last person out the door sneaks a copy
of the firmware source out with them on a thumb drive and that it ends
up on line somewhere.