results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=96660
Question: Would you buy a new Squeezebox player if it became available?

- Yes , if less than $100
- Yes, if less than $200
- Yes, if less than $500
- Yes, if less than $1000
- Yes - price is no object; I just want the best sound
- No - I would NOT buy another Squeezebox player

I like my Squeezeboxes, but there are many ways to stream media - in the
end I will go for ease and cost effectiveness.

Three or four times I nearly bought a Touch. What stopped me? The
knowledge I could buy a small format PC (eeeBox or similar) for about
the same price, and the fact I could run a software instance of
Squeezebox on an HTPC hidden in a cupboard and linked to a decent DAC
with a long optical lead.

The competing hardware has to be the Apple Airport Express for £80
($100?) - with iThingies and Android Handies a display is not needed. A
small screen can be a nice feature, but not if it doubles or triples the
price.

The other issue is the integration of audio and video streaming where
the competing hardware is the Apple TV for £100 ($120). Some want the
integration, others don't.

The streaming boxes all have acceptable internal DACs and this will be
enough for many (most?) others can add the DAC of their choice.

So there you have it - $100 is the target price for an audio only
streamer - there's not that much in the box!

Google got their Nexus streaming sphere gloriously wrong. They should
have launched their versions of the Airport Express and Apple TV, made
them easily hackable,  and marketed them at the same prices. If Logitech
had any sense, even now they would bring such boxes to market.