results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=96660
Question: Would you buy a new Squeezebox player if it became available?

- Yes , if less than $100
- Yes, if less than $200
- Yes, if less than $500
- Yes, if less than $1000
- Yes - price is no object; I just want the best sound
- No - I would NOT buy another Squeezebox player

The Apple TV and Airport Express both retail for $99 MSRP in the US. I
think this end of the market is entirely owned by Apple, who benefits
from the ubiquity of iThings and PCs/Macs with iTunes installed.
Metcalf's Law can be said to apply, (the value of a telecommunications
network is proportional to the square of the number of connected users
of the system).  Someone trying to displace the incumbent faces a
hopeless odds unless they have a unique value proposition, preferably
something disruptive.

However, I see a big gap between the $99 boxes by Apple and the cheapest
Sonos ZonePlayer, which is $350. A product not too different from the
Touch is needed in that price range (anything up to $350). I don't know
the secret of how Logitech were managing to lose money on it, other than
they were charging too little money for it.