JJZolx wrote:
> What are you talking about? Did I miss an announcement, or is this you
> speculating about how Logitech is going to gouge customers in the
> future?

It is just thoughts shared based on the experience how the portfolio
planning happened at big companies :-)

As Logitech is a public company with strong focus on shareholder value
and profit – basic assumption would be how this company is going to earn
money and what are the revenue streams are available / possible.

There is no need to go into deep marketing analysis to get understanding
how Logitech earns money and what opportunities are available / left for
Moos_Man in case (s)he is going to make so attractive offer to
Logitech.
The rest – is just thoughts shared with this great community, and please
see it as an attempt to have a look into the future.

Logitech will be taking care about customers as long as it brings
profit, and at the point when it will be turning red instant actions
will be triggered whether we like it or not – they are not a charity.
And there is no reason to blame them for being success oriented – I
still love Logitech keyboards and mice and would like to have a newer
and better model at the moment when mine is suddenly dead.