DaveWr wrote:
> Don't agree, at least the iPod system can be connected to a quality
> stereo system, it will also have App support for the majority if not all
> online music services.

Which works great unless you want a remote, because it's when you want
to remote control all these apps it's starting to get complicated and
Squeezebox have a gigantic advantage. Another thing is synchronized
playback between multiple devices, try to accomplish that with an iPod
with a non Squeezebox app...

DaveWr wrote:

> I made my hifi commitment sometime ago.  Linn DS, but not cheap, and the
> companies future is tied to it.

Linn's future is tied to excellent audio quality and audiophile users
which doesn't necessarily mean streaming, whole house audio and
excellent support for premium streaming services or easy access to music
content.

However, if your main interest is great audio quality and everything
else is second to this, I believe Linn is a very good choice, definitely
a lot better than a Logitech device. Their Kinsky controller app for the
iPad is definitely one of the better UPnP controller apps I've seen.