Does the skin make a difference? How are the load times on the EN (Lite) skin?

On Oct 28, 2005, at 4:43 PM, MrC wrote:

Dan Sully Wrote:

Keep in mind that the time displayed is from immediately before
generating
the page to immediately after. It doesn't take into account transfer
time
afterwards to send the page to your browser.

Yeah, understood, and that's what I suspected too.  So, the question
is, what's going on underneath the covers that makes this thing hicup
every now and again?  There are long, unpredicatable stalls.

I just tested again, and this time opening the page took 15 seconds.
No data is coming from the server to the browser during most of this
time.

Anyway, I'm not meaning to push for a response here and now; rather,
i'm just trying to add some data points to this general performance
discussion. I think similar perfmon calls surrounding other core areas
of code would be fantastic.

--
MrC