Unfortunately Android before Jelly Bean does only support 16/44.
With Jelly-Bean there is a completely new AudioAPI, which I guess is
able to except higher audio rates - but I don't know yet, if it really
forwards everything to an USB Dac (and I'm afraid this even depends on
the particular device).

In addition the market share of Jelly bean right now is 1,8%. The number
of users then connecting an USB-Dac is even lower and those then using
Squeezebox/SqueezePlayer I guess is about 10.

So right now it doesn't look very promising to me, to already spend the
time needed to implement a completely additional audio API.
This doesn't mean I won't do it - but it's definitely not the right time
yet for a single developer to already invest high volumes of development
effort into such a topic.

Are there actually other Apps already available who do support USB-Dacs
with high resolution audio (and have user who can prove that it works)
?
That would be at least a hint that it is possible at all (because I
don't want to be the first one to try)?