Mick Seymour wrote:
> Because until you start to swipe it doesn't know you want to scroll.
> It's the same on my 3 year old MP3 player and the 'other' Squeeze
> controller. Like it or loathe it, that's the way it works
Yep. To add to this description: It's a standard Android UI feature, not
something specific to Orange Squeeze or any other app. The developer
just sets a flag saying "fastscroll enabled" and the OS provides the
"handle" and the flyover hints for the section you are in. It comes so
naturally to me, as a long-time Android user, that I don't even think
about it when I use it. I'm sure if you are used to other mobile
platforms that there are quite a few anachronisms that take some getting
used to.