I believe that the latest update corrects these issues - just not for me
as yet

I'm afraid right now I have no means of testing Qubuz.
Do the images show in the web interface of Squeezebox Server or in the
free App from Logitech?

Only if images are available there you should expect them to appear in
SqueezePad (I can do no wonders, if other don't show the images as well
;) )

FWIW: it's working fine for me. But I'm probably running the "more latest" code than anybody else ;-). More information about where it's missing for which case might be good. There have been features without metadata support, and urls in the main menu which might have lead to unexpected behaviour. But I've fixed both of them today. Make sure you're running 1.56 or later.

--

Michael