pippin wrote:
> Update: Killing OrangeSqueeze has helped and at least after killing it
> also the player did not automatically restart when looking at the
> lock-screen widget (it's never been my selected player there)

So for 1.3.x, I would expect that Orange Squeeze would keep the local
SqueezePlayer active for as long as Orange Squeeze has a connection to
the server. This means that if you are using widgets, any time your
screen is on your device will maintain a connection to your server and
also keep your local SqueezePlayer running. If you turn your screen off
or it times out and turns off automatically, Orange Squeeze will time
its server connection out to save power, and it will also cease to keep
SqueezePlayer alive. SqueezePlayer can then time out according to its
own policies then.

As discussed earlier, killing Orange Squeeze (e.g. its services) will
cause this behavior to stop -- at least temporarily. However, because
the Orange Squeeze power management service is sticky, it may be
restarted by the system automatically. The reason for this is that if
your device is under load or memory constraints, then even the services
that you want running may be killed by the system. This is a good thing,
because it lets you play games or do things that consume all of the
device resources and then sticky services will be restarted at the first
opportunity so that your widgets and such will start working again
automatically. While the power management service will be restarted
automatically, I want to reiterate that this service is very lightweight
and is nothing like a server connection at all.

Note that for 1.3.x, every time a connection is established, the local
SqueezePlayer instance will also be started if that is enabled in the
Orange Squeeze preferences. Right now this happens for every reconnect,
including reconnects for the lock screen widget, etc. I'll have to think
about how to improve this behavior, because it probably isn't necessary
in a few limited scenarios (widgets active for different players).
However, when the user opens up the UI again we would want the player
started up automatically, I suppose.