pippin wrote:
> Yes. Actually all of what you write would be the behavior I would expect
> and want.
OK, good, thanks Pippin. I'm going to release a new preview sometime
today, and I will add a bit of temporary logging to it that won't
require you to enable 'verbose logging' to see. I'm hoping it will tell
us which of the following is happening:

1) OS is not shutting itself down properly and keeping the connection
active (unlikely, since the network connection would show a significant
power draw in your situation).
2) OS is shutting itself down, but still somehow sending pings to
SqueezePlayer even though the rest of the service is shut down (I've
audited this section of code and don't see it myself, but I can't rule
it out 100%)
3) SqueezePlayer is keeping itself active through some other mechanism

Once you get the update, just use your device as normal and use the
submit logs to send a log to me when you wake up and notice that
SqueezePlayer stayed awake too long. We will hope that the log data
won't roll over -- there is a limit to how much Android keeps.