JackOfAll wrote:
> Yes, but the Pi onboard audio leaves more than a little to be desired
> from a SQ perspective. And as soon as you connect a UAC2 DAC you find
> out that the Pi is somewhat less than desirable as a platform in that
> regard, as well.

Yes the Pi has audio has issues and the PI foundation is investing in
sorting this out and trying to sort the USB issues you can get stable
audio via the right sort of USB DAC/sound card and when the ausio issues
are sorted the HMI can feed an AV amp anyway... bear in mind we would
have to buy a platform the was already supported by the linux kernel, I
think it is easy to underestimate how difficult its all is to get
working you can see that from the Pi and the issues there and it has
substantial momentum which is important for projects such as this that
and it will be around a bit longer than your standard package.  If we
try and to it all I think we are doomed to failure I suspect what we
really want to do is moce forward the software platform that is
squeezebox, so we cant take advantage of any suitable hardware.

Phill.