JackOfAll wrote:

> On the basis that he is one of the few people that are privy to the IP
> and any documentation, (by virtue of being a Broadcom employee), and he
> describes it as being a "bit pants", I wont be holding my breath that
> we'll ever hear "perfect" audio from a UAC2 device driven from a Pi.
> Others, can come to their own conclusions. But I personally, wouldn't
> base any audio project where the requirement is for a decent USB out
> with which to use an external DAC, on the Pi.

I tend to agree, but I was being generous to what they may achieve - I
think implementing the missing ehci hardware scheduler in the graphics
processor was being talked about at one point!!  Having seen that usb
support on devices is limited and even Touch and most arm chips don't
have full transaction translators (hence need external hubs to support
1.1 devices), my belief is that we need to make sure whatever we target
has full usb support in hardware and no closed source drivers!