jmschnur wrote:
> Get something simple working properly first. Then add HDMI and
> multichannel later. Do the design so that this path is possible.

I actually agree on that , I just wanted to spread the idea about
multichannel , it would make for another difficulty in the server ,if
you sync players it must either skip these tracks if using another 2ch
player or downmix (possibly depending on platform ).

Multich and DSD and 24/192  , I think 24/192 will be in this  .

DSD I suggest someone writes a server transcoder for that to pcm ,unless
the magic chip John have found have this too ? (it seems very versatile)