TheLastMan wrote:
> Prototypes only I presume?  Seeing as this will essentially be a "small
> black box" with no display or control switching then let "form follow
> function" and keep it simple.  No design really necessary. A rectangular
> metal box to fit round the PCB (which will dictate the size) with a
> plate at the back for the ports.  On/off power switch and light on the
> front panel would be handy too. Possibly a set of status LEDs rather
> than the Receivers single light would be good.  One to indicate power,
> one to indicate network (wi-fi or cable) is connected and one to
> indicate a link to a server.

The fact that it doesn't have a display doesn't mean that I don't want
people to see it, I want show what people in the Squeezebox community
has accomplished and then it needs to look nice. Maybe not important for
GEN1 but definitely for GEN2.

Maybe a transparent box so we can see the board, something similar to
this Raspberry Pi case:
http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2012/05/29/raspberry-pi-case-preview/
(In this case I want the circuit board personally signed by John since I
will be able to view the signature through the transparent case)
:-)

As an alternative, I guess I could always build one myself with lego:
http://www.thedailybrick.co.uk/lego-sets/custom/lego-custom-raspberry-pi-case.html