JohnSwenson wrote:
> Yep,
> it looks like kickstarter will be much better for GEN2.
>
> My own personal feeling is that we want to keep GEN1 to 25 at least for
> a while. During the phase where linux distributions are being developed
> etc it's going to be a VERY geeky thing, I don't want too many
> non-technical developers involved at that point, it could get a bad
> reputation. Once a good distribution gets developed so it can be booted
> up and running Squeezelite without intervention then it's possible to
> get a wider distribution. At that point we want people to try lots of
> diffeent DACs etc, make sure things work, and also this is the time
> where we can look into finding out things like thread priorities, buffer
> sizes etc. That can do well with interested non-technical people. If the
> group wants more than 25 GEN1 boards we can always make more (2nd and up
> batches cost less, a lot of the setup costs have already been paid
> for).
>
> John S.

While looking more into the Kickstarter requirements the GEN1 prototype
does need to exist first before we could qualify to create a project.
Keeping it to a small number of units I think will be very beneficial as
it will be very technical at first.

John if things go well with the testing of the 3358, do you have any
time estimates on the first order being placed?  Are we looking at weeks
or months?