P Nelson wrote:

> 2) It can run as a local server and fix the nightmare of trying
> running tiny LMS on the Touch

Do you want a server in the box because you want an USB drive directly
attached to the box or do you want a server in the box because the
current player software can't work without a separate server towards the
music on your NAS ?

Basically, would it be of interest even without a server as long as it
could play music directly from a NAS without installing additional
software on the NAS.

P Nelson wrote:

> But to build something that would interest more people, then think about
> what features will most people use and then execute it very well.
> Perhaps a poll on certain features is a next step to scope Gen1 and Gen2
> features?

Let's get to GEN0.5 and GEN1 first before starting to discuss too much
about GEN2. If you want to discuss features of GEN2 and later, start a
separate thread for that discussion. My guess would be that the target
of GEN1 is probably maximum 100 audiophiles/DIY geeks in the community.