JackOfAll wrote:
> Adrian, I've gzipped the original Wandboard Ubuntu image (with a kernel
> compiled to include USB audio), 'wandboard-dual-ubuntu-20130220.img.gz'
> (http://www.vacuumtube.org.uk/downloads/wandboard-dual-ubuntu-20130220.img.gz).
> User: linaro. Password: linaro. (Root password is also linaro.) 2.6GB
> image and doesn't compress (1GB) as well as the other. I'm not sure how
> long this would take you to download. My internet connection is supposed
> to have up to 10Mb up speed. (Whether it is capable of anything close to
> that in the real world is another thing entirely. ;) It might take a
> little longer than before to get DHCP address assigned. It's pretty
> heavily loaded for the first minute or so after boot due to the startup
> of the desktop components.

Thanks - will try to see if this gives me access to the video output.

Some details of what I've been looking at.  It's currently a functional
desktop squeezeplay derivative called "jivelite":
- based on squeezeplay code
- audio removed
- most applets removed unless they allow us to control the player
- switched from lua to luajit as this give us more options in future
[needed to change syntax in a few places due to some additions to lua
used in the squeezeplay code]
- currently running touch skin and behaves just like touch, but I think
we should be able to add a new skin which works with a larger screen
area

There's lots more todo as I've cut out quite large chunks and there's
still code in there for squeezenetwork which we should remove.  I think
we really need a new menu code which supports larger screens and hence
has multiple menu entries per line.

Its working on my desktop machine as an X output using ubuntu's sdl
library - I'd expect this to also work on the wandboard, but really want
to try to access the display without X from sdl direct.