John,

Give me a day or two. I'm currently digesting the Freescale manual and
looking at the driver code. So if the discussion about GPIO's, the MUX
clock switching and driver could wait until the weekend...

Triode,

Cool. You're already working on a GUI!

eLR!C,

I think I switched compiler between the first and second images. Still
works for me. Later today. I'll make another image using the kernel from
the first image.

All,

Running LMS and transcoding, (as well as streaming to multiple clients),
... I think you are going to be surprised, but in a good way.  I have
another image based on Fedora 18 ARM7HF nearly ready to go. Before
anyone groans, I'll need to explain why the choice of Fedora and that it
leverages the work that has already been put into the rpm packages I
provide (squeezelite, LMS) for F18. More later.