dustinsterk wrote:
> JackOfAll, if going down the road of Fedora, any plans on talking with
> Andrew @ Vortexbox?  He reached out to me a few weeks back asking about
> this thread.

Someone is reading my mind! Yes, I have been in contact with Andrew
recently, not specifically about this, but I have made LMS RPM builds
for VB2.2 that I believe Andrew may be intending to leverage for the
next VB which will be based on F18. So yes, what I'm thinking is that
wouldn't it be great if there was a VortexBox ARM7 version. I don't want
to say too much now cause it is not finished, but I have taken
inspiration for the way vortexbox-player (the VB client player) is
configured from the web interface. There is already a certain amount of
synergy here. Andrew is intending to distribute Squeezelite with the
next VB build (I am not sure if it will now be the default client
player, replacing vortexbox-player) but I would expect it would have a
web configuration interface (which is what JS has asked for anyway for
our project) to configure it. At the moment, I don't think our goals
match Andrews exactly, but yes, I think there is a conversation to be
had with him about a VB ARM7 version. But again, I don't want to divert
attention from our stated goal, which is in the first instance to have a
player, not a server! (If there was a VB ARM build, LMS doesn't have to
be running, it could be disabled by default. We could just be leveraging
the existing web GUI for configuring the client and the network
interfaces.)