ajkidle wrote:

> As I understand it, even if the community funded SB project is
> successful, that device won't work with services like Rhapsody or
> Pandora, especially after MySB.com goes offline ... so why not sell all
> of my Squeezebox gear while it still has some value, and make the switch
> to Sonos?
>
> Am I overlooking something?  I've not researched Sonos too extensively -
> is there a weakness to their offering that I need to be aware of?

If you have an urgent need to switch already now, Sonos is probably the
best choice as long as you don't have more than 65 000 tracks in your
library. I think there is even a workaround for the 65 000 tracks
limitation if you are ok with having a computer powered on when
listening to music.

However, if you aren't in a hurry I would suggestion to wait, there
might be solutions currently being developed which will also handle
online services.
If someone is working on a solution for online services, it's probably
going to take at least 6-12 months until they are ready to release
something since it requires contracts and other type of agreements with
service providers and this usually tends to take some time.

So to sum it up, if you aren't in an urgent need to get something new
already now, I would give it 1-2 years and see how the market evolves
during this time. A lot of possibilities are opened for other companies
when Logitech leaves a hole in the market segment for someone else to
fill.