ajkidle wrote:
> Thanks - I appreciate the perspective.  And Erland, I've read your
> similar post on this topic a few times.  The urgency is driven by the
> fact that time is running out.  Today my 8 Squeezeboxen still have
> value.  In the not too distant future when MySB.com goes dark or breaks,
> that value goes way down.  And therein lies the "urgency", although I
> don't think that's really the correct word for it.  After AndyG's recent
> post, I'm beginning to fear that by not acting now (or soon,) I'm just
> denying the inevitable -- and that ultimately I'll be left with 8
> devices that don't do what I need them to, and are of little value on
> ebay or elsewhere.

I think the value of used Classic/Boom/Receiver/Transporter devices is
likely to go down when mysqueezebox.com is shutdown. The value of used
Touch/Radio can go either way, if someone provides custom firmware for
them to work in a new solution the value might even increase.

Having said that, I can understand if you like to ensure you don't loose
too much, and in this case I think Sonos is the best option available at
the moment. There is just one thing I would investigate, does Sonos
works reliable in a player setup with 8 devices? I'm guessing it will
but it might be a good idea to check with someone who have used Sonos in
a similar setup. I would try to search for that answer on the Sonos
forum rather than here.