epoch1970 wrote:
> Perhaps someone understands better than me (there's a good chance!)
> what's written here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/lirc-audio_alsa
>
> For me it says the mic-in of a usb card can be used for IR receiving. I
> was looking for info on IR blasting via an USB audio out. Can this alsa
> module do both ? Also, I think I read somewhere that IR signal polling
> or decoding was better not done in software. True ?

I'm testing with Flirc at present (http://flirc.tv/). Seems to work
reasonably well...

Also have jivelite running on the hdmi output to a 1080p display and am
working on a modified skin.  Its interesting seeing how bad quality your
cover art is when scaled up to 900x900 pixels.  But I think an hdmi
display + ir remote works quite well with it...