chill wrote:
> I think that depends on the proximity of the Squeezebox to the
> microwave.  I have a fairly newish Panasonic microwave, and my Boom in
> the same kitchen often drops out while the microwave is on.  The
> microwave isn't killing the wifi in the whole house, but since the Boom
> is often synced with other players, when it stops, they all do.  I've
> often thought about switching it to a homeplug connection to resolve
> this.
One of my Duet Controllers lives about 15cm (6 inches) from my fairly
newish GE microwave, and never has a hiccup. But it's also moving a lot
less data than a regular player, so maybe that's the difference, or at
least part of it. But my extra access point that is in constant use is
only about 1 meter from the microwave and it doesn't seem to be affected
either. Now I'm more curious, so I'll bring my Radio down and sit it
next to the microwave for a test.