My own experience with powerline adapters is mixed. Your success will
depend on the wiring in your house. They tend to work well if the
sending and receiving devices are on the same circuit, but may not work
as well otherwise. I also found that I had buffering problems if someone
was running other appliances in the house that pulled a lot of power. If
my wife was on the treadmill while I was trying to listen to music,
forget about the music for awhile!

I still use my netgear adapters successfully for other network
applications, but I eventually gave up on them as a consistently
reliable means of streaming music. But as I said at the outset, your
experience may be quite different since everyone's operating environment
is unique.

You might start off as I did, and purchase a few used adapters off the
Internet. If they work for you, invest in new ones and keep the used
ones as backups.