castalla wrote:
> The Cubie barrel connector power is 5v 2 amp - I use an Amazon usb power
> plug for this
> (http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Wall-Charger-Outlet-Output/dp/B005CG2ATQ).
> The other power is via a mini usb connector - use a Kindle charger for
> that.   It also has 2 normal usb ports.   Would people really be
> confused?

People could be confused, the OTG port looks exactly like the "micro
power USB" port, they are physically identical. Someone could plug the
OTG port into a charger and nothing happens, or plug the charger port
into a computer and expect it to be a USB DAC and nothing happens.

We can label one power and the other data, but there are still people
that don't read labels on the back panel. All the other jacks have a
unique function for the type of jack, this would be the exception where
two physically identical jacks have different functions.

That brings up another issue, do we want labels on the back pannel, and
if yes, should they be text or icons, and if text what language.

Most of the jacks should be pretty obvious to anybody who will be  using
this device:

RJ-45 for ethernet
USB type A jack for USB host
RCA jacks for analog
TOSLINK jack for optical S/PDIF
HDMI jack for HDMI
Standard barrel jack for power
BNC for coax S/PDF

The only one I see as a little unusual  is the BNC for coax S/PDIF

Then we have a micro USB for data (to use as a USB DAC) and a USB micro
for power.

John S.