JohnSwenson wrote:
> People could be confused, the OTG port looks exactly like the "micro
> power USB" port, they are physically identical. Someone could plug the
> OTG port into a charger and nothing happens, or plug the charger port
> into a computer and expect it to be a USB DAC and nothing happens.
>
> We can label one power and the other data, but there are still people
> that don't read labels on the back panel. All the other jacks have a
> unique function for the type of jack, this would be the exception where
> two physically identical jacks have different functions.

Should be enough with a single power connection and for this I think the
SBT model would be preferred as it allows people to reuse their high-end
modified power adapters and the rest of us just have to get a power
adapter with the right connector or reuse the one from the Touch.

Let's not get stuck in a power adapter discussion.

JohnSwenson wrote:

> That brings up another issue, do we want labels on the back pannel, and
> if yes, should they be text or icons, and if text what language.

Icons would be best but else english text should also work. The SBT have
icons for stuff where an icon is obvious but also have the text
"DIGITAL" for the digital outputs where people wouldn't know what an
icon meant. Theoretically you would probably be fine without icons/texts
in the beginning when it's only sold to experienced community members,
but it turns out to be as good as you suggest it's going to be spread
outside this community and then it's probably useful to have some
icons/texts to make it easier for people. If icons/texts is complicated,
the alternative is to deliver a paper sketch with the circuit board that
explains the outputs.

For Gen1, no text/icon is necessary, it's only needed for Gen2 and
later.