JohnSwenson wrote:
> There is no concept of "factory reset" like there was on the Touch. The
> Touch used a union file system with a separate file that kept the
> changes  to the  relesed image. The factory reset just cleared out the
> "changes"  file. The software guys do not seem to be developing such a
> system for this product. The  "factory reset" is to pull out the USB
> card, reprogram it and put it back in!

At some point I was thinking that we would make a very cut down (just a
player) image based on something like the Microcore Linux that the guys
are using with their Picoplayer image on Rasp Pi. I think that's running
from a ramfs with save config back to sdcard/cf partition, rather than a
read-only with overlay, unionfs. I've not really looked at it. It's at
the bottom of the list, but it's on the list.