Mnyb wrote:
> For gen 2 I think a user friendly factory reset button is needed . Can
> it work like when you buy a computer with preinstalled OS it has a
> restore partition , you can reinstall from that .
I've also put to use another means of restoring or backuping a headless
server. It works but it is kind of expensive: permanently attached to
the case are 2 usb keys, one is blue and one is red. Reboot with the
blue key in and the system boots on the key and starts imaging the
system drive to the backup partition. Reboot with the red key in, and
this time the embedded script overwrites the current system partition
with what is in the backup one. When backup or restore fails for some
reason, the computer beeps in a certain way (meaning its time to call
the repairman who will probably take the system drive out.)