I've recently started using my Squeezeboxes and Transporter after
several years off.  Thanks to help here on these forums I was able to
get everything working smoothly or so I thought.  Playback was glitch
free connecting three rooms wirelessly for a couple of days then I
started to get tweaked.  A box might drop out or freeze and need some
attention etc.  For the past few days my system has been almost unusable
because of the playlists randomly doing crazy things.  If I try to play
a few albums they might appear to be listed in the correct order in the
playlist at first.  Then a few songs in every song might be suddenly
scattered or you might get six songs of one album then the others etc.
I've tried using Ipeng, remote and only using LMS all with the same
results.

I was initially overjoyed to have the Squeezeboxes back.  I could get
used to the different interface and I was thrilled to be rid of the
Sonos track limit and able to play more of my music.  The Sonos was rock
solid and almost never irritated me even though hooked up wirelessly.  I
could wire them in or get some Homeplugs I guess but seeing LMS not be
able to keep a playlist straight on the server itself has me thinking I
would be in the same boat.

LMS 7.8
IMAC/OSX10.6.8
Transporter and two Squeezebox 3's