I shut the server down and restarted my Imac, this seems to have cleared
things up (fingers crossed).  I toggled through the sync settings on all
three players just in case a shuffle setting was engaged.  The weird
part was that half the time it would shuffle the songs to the current
playlist.  Other times it would suddenly chop up the playlist into
groupings of 5 or 6 songs per album.  I have been using Sonos for years
now and got used to it's rock solid reliability.  I thought maybe the
newer software might have improved to that level but I've had more
freezes in a few days than I had in years with Sonos.  It sure is nice
to have access to more of my music and to play 24/96 on the Transporter!

I'm trying to hang in there and get it sorted out.  I might be able to
wire the box in the computer room, this might make a difference?  Maybe
homeplugs in the future, I've read some positive posts here in using
them with Slim.  I'm a bit out of touch with dealing with freezes etc.
When a problem hits is shutting the server down and maybe restarting the
computer the best or only way to try to clear things up?  I'm trying to
not add or change the playlist as much.  I can only imagine if I
listened to tracks and not always albums.