toby10 wrote:
> How would this be solved if it was free?  Why do you feel entitled to
> others investment in time & money for products and services at no
> charge?
> What are you offering for free?  Cuz whatever it is I'll take ten of
> them.  Need my address?

I have 10 squeezzboxes at home. the price of the devices included a
piece of software that did the work and that i use to run at no extra
charge.

I never asked you to invest your time & money but in the end, YOU are
going to force me to pay for something that used to be free before.

logitech was already able to fire the dev. team because there is a
'community' outthere who's ready/willing to take-over. By 'offering' a
so called replacement to LMS+backend, you enable Logitech to drop its
support entirely and shutdown the backend.

Why would Logitech host you on this forum (that they own) if it wasn't
in their interest that a handfull of people takes-over their piece of
code and the obligation that goes with it ? You're giving them a nice
way to pull the plug, drop the productline support and save costs.

The next logical step is that the 'commnity' tells me to compensate for
those savings Logitech will make ?

Again,  I never asked you to invest your time & money but in the end,