I have two kids, 6 and 1.  And a wife.

I currently use the Multi-Library plug-in to have a subset of the
library available on the playroom Boom - just the kids' music and audio
books.  The menus are simplified, and the system works well.  (Although
this thread remind me that I do need to make some changes now that the
elder is a bit more grown up!)

I think that it would be useful to have something like user accounts,
which stored the library preference, favourites, Spotify account and so
on for each family member.  When logged in to the specific account,
adding to favourites automatically added to that account.  This would be
a roaming profile, so the setup on the kids' Boom could be transferred
to the main system easily.  I would want each account to have a library
subset ('my music') and also access to the whole library, and a simple
way to add anything from the main library to 'my music', for example if
my wife (who is less familiar with the library contents than me)
discovers something she likes.  There could also be a way of
recommending music to another user, so I could recommend something new
to my wife, and she could then choose whether to 'accept' it into her
music library.

Obviously if you could make it connected to the internet so I could
recommend music to friends, who then could accept it, have the system
download it in FLAC and add it to their library then that would be great
:)