>From this forum, the newsletter and the survey I see quite a lot of
emphasis on the type of device used as a controller, and, if I have
understood correctly,  mention that only i-devices are currently
supported.

If you haven't included this already can I suggest a controller that
works in any standard browser?  I would imagine that would provide a
least some facilities for most laptop/tablet controllers, although
smartphones might be restricted by screen size.  This method also
provides a degree of future-proofing not available from i-anything or
Android apps.   I do understand that if you need the power of an 'app'
then this may not be feasible, but it would suit me, and maybe others, a
lot better.

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi, FLACs 16 or 24 bit. Touch on Ethernet (in
another room), digital out to a Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC. Old wireless
laptop running Linux Mint Debian controls server using Chromium.
Squeezelite on Ubuntu & Windows desktops plus the laptop.  Meridian
Explorer USB DAC to listen directly to Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft!