hi

Thx again. I have yet to try these options. In the meantime I have
discovered that my external usb audio device sounds absolutely terrible
when playing through either squeezeplay OR squeezelite, yet works nicely
when playing either through itunes or spotify. I don't want to sound
defeatist, but perhaps there is a limit as to what I can expect from
free 3rd party plugins?

WRT version, I definitely have r247. I will check my LMS settings wrt
bandwidth limiting and lame, although the MP3 files in question are on
my local LMS server and play perfectly well on the Duet so I suspect
that that part is OK...

It is very frustrating though, as it so very nearly works!

bw, Ant