volpone wrote:
> Thank's Julf and Cliveb
> My goal is to get, as soon as possible, a SB Touch alternative or
> replacement for my HIFI digital setup and the most important point is
> audio quality associated with Rega external DAC (or other good external
> audiophile DAC) .
> So if CSP carrier and associated software could act as an audiophile
> grade "digital transport" i will get one. Also it would be great to have
> a touch screen UI (like SB Touch) but if it is not possible it is not so
> crucial for me.
> Regards

Yes the CSP boards will have a builtin DAC, I have worked very hard to
make this DAC to be one of the best sounding DACs period. You will have
to spend many times the price to get an external DAC that will sound
this good.

If you already have a very good USB input DAC you can hook it up right
now to a Wandboard. The wandboard includes an HDMI out which can be
connected to any HDMI input screen. CSOS already includes a port of most
of the menu system of the Touch, although it has been designed for input
via keyboard or IR remote (via FLIRC) rather than touchscreen.

Future Electronics is also selling a touch screen that will plug into
the wandboard, the very latest testing version of CSOS includes drivers
for this. I'm not sure if the touchscreen input is supported at this
point.

John S.