And thanks for your response, JackOfAll.

One question I have about bit-perfect streams from the CSP... isn't the
intent of the device (Wandboard + CSPx) to use SOX resampling to
upsample the stream to 384 (or was it 352?) and bypass the digital
filter in the DAC chips? Doesn't this break bit-perfect?

And also, in the carrier board, isn't the digital signal processed into
inverted phase to supply the DAC providing the - pins on the XLR
balanced output? So the inversion is already being done in the
processing on the CSPx.

Given these, I'm curious why my request is a big deal?

Greg in Mississippi