narten wrote:
> Over the last few months (not entirely sure when), my squeezebox v3 has
> started randomly jumping to another track while I'm listening. Sometimes
> I can listen to 30 minutes without a jump, sometimes it happens after
> only a few minutes.
>
> I have not been able to correlate it with anything or figure out where
> to look.
Could it be a rogue IR signal that's being interpreted as a "next track"
button press?
Could it even be that your SB remote has a slightly dodgy next track
button that occasionally triggers itself?
(I remember an old TV remote I once had where the volume-up button got
locked on due to a fleck of carbon shorting out its contacts).

An obvious experiment would be to place something opaque in front of the
SB3's IR receiver window to see if that stops the skipping. If it does,
start looking for possible IR-emitting culprits (starting with simply
removing the SB3's remote from the room).

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A