Oh, iPeng now respects the server-side setting for this.
The old option was actually there because in the old days of
SqueezeCenter 7.3, playing single tracks was the default setting but it
really wasn't what most people wanted so iPeng ignored the setting.
Now, I believe since 7.4, the default has changed to "play other tracks
in album" so people who still enable the setting to play single tracks
probably mean it so iPeng simply adheres to the setting.
It's a change I already made, well, years ago....

You find the server-side setting in the web interface under
"Settings->Player Settings->Basic Settings->Play other tracks in album".

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*